Name:

Just one more guy figuring things out as he goes along, and figuring out he doesn't need to always figure things out.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Sheng Dan Kuai Le, Merry Christmas, and the Fourth Month Ends.

First off, let me wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year and all that. Sheng Dan Kuai Le is Happy Christmas in Mandarin. Thanks to anyone who sent me anything, and I hope those of you I was able to get a present too enjoy it. I hope everyone has been having a great holiday.
I have had a pretty good holiday. Unwrapping presents with the other foreign teachers(pictures to potentially follow), enjoying some of the presents i got(Cookies, Yeah me and Thanks Amy :P), settling down to watch some Christmas movies we had downloaded(now that the Internet, thankfully, has been restored to some semblance of usefulness). We than all went up to the Commercial Street that runs alongside the University for Dinner at a nice restaurant we know. All around an enjoyable day. No substitute for the traditions and comforts of home, but for this year it will have to do. I miss everyone terribly, and today is one of the few days I've actually felt homesick.
It's hard to believe, but this also marks Four Months of me in China. Fours months have sped by since I started this crazy journey, and yet it hardly seems like that kind of time has passed, save when I think about my classes. Many of my students have noticeably improved, and as the semester winds down I look forward to my planed trip for the Spring Festival. Journeys to the south, to the Shaolin Temple, the Wudang Mountains, and possible a few other area's as well, I'll keep people posted and try and get pictures up when I get them.
Now that my Internet is back and functional, I will be getting in contact with people in an intermittent basis, trying to keep my sanity and all that. Over a third of my time here in China is gone, and I still have so much to accomplish. So much to see, and I have to be on top of all my planning for the following year as well, some days it seems like I'm overwhelmed with all I have to do, while others, I'm bored still.
Well the usual cool mists of evening have ascended up the mountain to cover the campus in it's normal creepy night-fog, and I have some cookies and a cup of Tea calling my name. Until I hear from you all, Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home